Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Solitude of Night



 This is a poem I wrote some time back, enjoy!

Until the solitude of night turns into the hope of day,
I wait for the chance to end it all

In darkest night just before sunrise I theorize
What others may think of me
What should they surmise?

Should my life end before sunrise
Would they mourn my departure?
Would it take them by surprise?
Perhaps I was meant only to be here for a brief overture

To consider the option may I be a coward
But as one may I also be honest with my soul
If nothing else, it would be a step forward

A cold touch at my temple
Contrasts with the warmth brimming from my eyes
Will my conviction crumple?
In a moment I see through my lies

For all my bluster, I lack the will
To do what I say
But each night will follow the same drill
Until the solitude of night turns into the hope of day

No comments:

Post a Comment