Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Welcome, Misfortunate Readers


Welcome to The Trials of Redd. I, Jacqueline Sinard, am your host and before we leap into any perilous situations or offensive behavior, I will introduce myself. My nickname is naturally associated with my hair, which is in fact a rather bright reddish-orange color. But lots of redheads go by the nickname ‘Red’ these days, such as Red Foreman from That 70s Show. Therefore, I pondered for a bit on how to make my name stand out when genius struck. Thus, the extra ‘D’ was added.

I fit comfortably within the ginger stereotype. My friends are used to comments such as: “I shall steal your soul and use it to advance my agendas against your people. Oh, wait you don’t have any people. My bad.” Or, “In my fourth revision of my plan for world domination you have been demoted. You are now assigned to conquer the Virgin Islands. You will feel right at home there.” Sarcasm and bad humor run rampant in my mind so anyone with a low tolerance for either would do well to click away from this page now. Right now.

Still with me? Good, you don’t have to worry about a suspicious ginger creeping up behind you in a dark alleyway. Having covered my appearance and displaying my personality I shall move forward and two steps back into determining the purpose of this blog. From rants, excerpts from my life, and book reviews it’s impossible to tell what will end up on here. Enter with an open mind, or prepare to scream defeat at the hands of the world’s most diabolical ginger. Well just to be safe, go ahead, and scream anyway. Might as well get it out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment